- Provide value based quality education of global standard
- Uphold high standards of academic performance
- Make the education relevant and excellent
- Impart socially relevant education at higher education level by a judicious mix of empiricism and theory
- An adequate exposure to Statistics and Mathematical knowledge is given to all the Statistics main and allied subject students
- Taking an active part in developing a sustainable society building on innovative thinking
- Promote the research activities and job oriented curriculum.
Gallery of Statistics Department
|S.No||Name||Designation||Qualification||Gender||Date of Birth||Date of Joining||Date of Retirement||Community|
|1||Dr. K.Ravichandran||Asso. Prof||M.Sc.M.A., M.Phil.,Ph.D||M||27-06-1960||15-02-1988||30-06-2018||BC|
History of the Department
The Department of Statistics was formed with the post of Lecturer for allied subject of B.Sc., Mathematics and B.Sc., Geography in 1968-69, as the college started functioning on the same year. The College got affiliation to Start B.Sc. Statistics during the Year 2012-13 and functioning from the same year. The Department offers course with comprehensive combination of Statistics, Actuarial Statistics, Econometrics, Numerical Analysis and Operations Research.
On 5th September 2014, a Seminar on ’Scope of Mathematics and Statistics’ delivered by Dr. E. Thandapani, Prof.Emeritus (UGC), Ramanujan Institute of Advanced study in Mathematics, Chennai in the Department of Statistics.
A Special Lecture on ‘Collection of Statistical Data’ delivered by Mr. N. Nakkeeran, Assistant Director, Department of Health and Preventive Medicine, Namakkal. On 7th January 2016 in the Department of Statistics.
Dr. K. Ravichandran, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Statistics delivered a lecture on .’ Methodological relationship between Ramanujam and Mahalanobis’ conducted by Department of Mathematics on March 18, 2015 in Arignar Anna Government Arts College, Namakkal.
The Students from Department of Statistics planted trees in our College on 27th July 2016 due to 1st death anniversary of former President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.