The Institute functioning with two separate (Central & Digital) libraries, The Central Library was established in the year of 1968-69. It has holding nearly 40,000 volumes of text and reference books on various disciplines. The library subscribes 60 printed journals and magazines and 9 Leading News Papers. The library plays an important role to provide quality information and required services for Academic Communities. The library having various sections such as Circulation section, Reference section, Text book section, Periodicals sections, Book Bank sections, Books for Competitive Examinations, Reprographic section etc.
Our Library Maps
Holding Book Details
Rules and Regulation
Facilities of Library
INFLIBNET – N-LIST
INFLIBNET – N-LIST
Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations
Book Bank Details
|01||Govt Non-Plan Books||29,619|
|04||Digital Library Books||3,118|
|05||Journals & Magazines||60|
|07||CD ROMs / DVDs/||92|
All the students, scholars, Teaching and Non Teaching Staff are eligible to be obtaining members of the library.
|S.No||User Category||Books can Borrow|
|01||U.G / P.G Students||2/3|
|02||M.Phil / Ph.D Scholars||5|
Period of Loan
|S.No||Type of Document||U.G / P.G Students||M.Phil / Ph.D Scholars||Faculty||Staff|
|02||Reference Books||-||2 Days||7 Days||7 Days|
|03||Periodicals||-||2 Days (Back Volumes Only)||7 Days (Back Volumes Only)||2 Days (Back Volumes Only)|
|04||CD ROMs / other non-book materials||-||1 Days||1 Days||1 Days|
If the borrowed book is lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same or latest edition or pay double cost of the book with library processing charge Rs.100, after getting permission from the librarian and Principal.
Semester Clearance & No Due Certificate
Students should return all the borrowed books at the end of each semester to obtain semester clearance and No Due certificate if required Members should return all the borrowed documents along with the prescribed form.
For the easy access 12 department libraries have been functioning besides the central library.
Reading Place and Furniture's
The library has sufficient space with comfortable furniture and lighting facilities has created for readers.
Photo Copy Facilities
For the benefits of students and staff, a photo copy service is available for affordable cost.
Open Access System
The library is following Open Access System for students, to encourage reading habit and enhance their knowledge.
This section provides facility for students those who are preparing for Competitive Exams. The collection includes Encyclopedia of Britannica, Year Books, Hand Books, Dictionaries, General Knowledge and Current Affairs , Maps, etc. This helps students to prepare for exams like, GATE, GRE, TOIFEL, GMAT, UPSC, TNPSC, and other Staff Selection Commission Exams.
A Computerized Digital Library was installed in the year of 2012. The Library using an automation software of lips i Net (Library Information Processing System). The library has designed with Network facilities for access online resources. The Digital Library is functioning with more than 3000 books and periodicals.
INFLIBNET - N-List Digital Library Consortium
The Library is one of the members Institute of UGC-INFONET Digital Library Consortium; through this consortium N-LIST project can access more than 3,800+ electronic journals, 80,000+ electronic books and a bibliographic database called MathSciNet containing more than two million reviews of research articles in mathematics. Details of e-resources accessible through the INFLIBNET’s proxy server (http://nlist.inflibnet.ac.in).
- Perfect silence should be maintained in the Library.
- Books will be issued only to the Identity card holders.
- Writing or underlining in a book or tampering with a book in any manner is strictly prohibited.
- Latest periodicals and daily Newspapers are not issuable. These are to be read inside library only.
- Student or staffs who leave the college for any reason in the middle of the term should return the books before they leave the college.
- No outside/personal books are allowed inside the library for reading purpose.
- No personal belongings are allowed inside the library.
- Using Cellular phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library
- The above rules are meant for the maintenance of discipline inside the library. All library users are requested to co-operate with this system and facilities for the smooth functioning of the library.